Bulgarian town Hisar is № 1 spa destination in the Balkans on the "Balkan Spa Awards".
Advantages of the sector
- Excellent geographical, climatic and environmental conditions
- The unique combination of seaside, mountains and mineral water makes Bulgaria a suitable place for health promotion throughout the year
- Long-standing tradition in balneology and spa tourism
- Refurbished world-class medical and rehabilitation centres and hotels
- Highly qualified and experienced healthcare staff
- Relatively low cost of medical services
- Well-developed network of private cosmetic surgery and dental clinics
Bulgaria is an attractive destination for treatment, prophylaxis and recreation
A moderate climate with four seasons and significant Mediterranean influence
Spring - fresh and colourful
Summer - hot and dry
Autumn - warm and rain
Winter - mild and snowy
Among Bulgaria’s most valuable natural resources are the unique qualities, diversity and abundance of hydrothermal mineral water, curative mud, the sea, and other health resources.
- Healthy sea-influenced and mountainous climate
- Beautiful nature and scenic landscapes
- Over 1 600 springs, of which over 600 are mineral springs, mainly located in the foothills of mountains
- Dozens of lagoons and deposits of healing mud
- Deposits of curative peat
Bulgaria ranks second in Europe after Iceland in the number the mineral springs, providing all types of mineral water existing in nature.