InvestBulgaria Agency (IBA) conducted a webinar on the topic “Development of Information Technologies and Outsourcing in Bulgaria”, on November 30 from 11.00 a.m.,in relation to the implementation of Project BG16RFOP002-2.006-0001-C04 “Improvement of the quality and quantity of the services provided to the potential investors in Bulgaria”, procedure BG16RFOP002-2.006 “Positioning Bulgaria as a known and preferred investment destination by supporting the activities of InvestBulgaria Agency (IBA)”, with the financial support of the Operational Program “Innovations and Competitiveness” 2014 – 2020, co-financed by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund.
The webinar addressed the following topics:
- Many highly-qualified specialists, and experience accumulated;
- Investments in education;
- The investment climate in Bulgaria. The advantages provided by the incentive measures to promote the investments and the state mechanisms for their implementation;
- High-speed and reliable internet;
- Overall development of the sector (competence and specialization of the companies in the sector);
- Policies and solutions promoting the development of the industry; Access to EU-funded programs;
- General messages regarding the stability and resilience of the Bulgarian economic environment;
- Digital innovative environment;
- Internet, industrial software, VR/AR, IoT, Robotics, AI/ML and Cloud.
The event was moderated by: Nora Ishkova – Executive Director of AIBEST
The topic “The investment climate in Bulgaria.The advantages provided by the incentive measures to promote the investments and the state mechanisms for their implementation” was presented by Mr. Stamen Yanev, Executive Director of InvestBulgaria Agency;
Dimitar Galabov, Country Head of Sutherland Global Services in Bulgaria presented “Global positioning of Bulgaria in the outsourcing industry”;
The topic “Initiatives in higher education for talent development” was presented by Prof. Dr. Eliza Stefanova, Vice-Rector of Information Activities and Academic Staff, St. Kliment Ohridski University of Sofia;
George Brashnarov, Executive Director of Nemetschek Bulgaria, Founder, former President and member of the Advisory Board of BASSCOM spoke about 20 years BASSCOM – Programming the future;
The webinar was attended by 45 representatives of Bulgarian and foreign companies, local and regional authorities.
Please see the link with the presentations: https://investbulgaria-virtualoffice.com/30-11-2021-presentations/