A webinar entitled “Global mechatronics trends. Review of investment opportunities in Bulgaria” was held by the InvestBulgaria Agency (IBA) on 27 October 2021 at 11:00 am through the platform developed by Ciela Norma in connection with the implementation of Project No BG16RFOP002-2.006-0001-C04 “Increasing service quality and quantity for potential investors in Bulgaria”, Procedure No BG16RFOP002-2.006, “Positioning Bulgaria as known and preferred investment destination by supporting the activities of InvestBulgaria Agency (IBA)” with the financial support of Operational Programme “Innovations and Competitiveness”, co-financed by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund .
The following topics were presented during the webinar:
- Best practices of foreign investors in the Bulgarian mechatronics sector;
- Development of the mechatronics sector in Bulgaria to date;
- Skilled labor force, existing engineering know-how;
- Bulgarian traditions in the sector;
- Investment climate in Bulgaria.Advantages offered by the investment promotion incentives and the state mechanisms for their implementation
- Why Bulgaria? What are the investment opportunities in mechatronics?
- The link between higher education and the technological sector; project-based research in the embedded systems and mechatronics;
- Mechatronics – science and industry.
Mr. Stamen Yanev, Executive Director of InvestBulgaria Agency, was the moderator of the event.
The opening remarks of the webinar were delivered by Ms. Ivelina Peneva, Deputy Minister of Economy who wished the participants every success.
Investment climate in Bulgaria. The advantages offered by the investment promotion incentives and the state mechanisms for their implementation, were presented by Mr. Stamen Yanev, Executive Director of InvestBulgaria Agency. The development of the mechatronics sector in Bulgaria, the skilled labor force, the existing engineering know-how, were described in a compelling way by Svetoslav Vasilev, CEO of Siviko (industrial robots). Ms. Nikolinka Hinkova, Member of the Board of Directors of Mechatronica AD, elaborated on the following topic: Why Bulgaria and what are the investment opportunities in mechatronics? The best practices of foreign investors in the Bulgarian mechatronics sector, were expounded by Georgi Stoeff, Executive Director of Trakia Tech.
The link between higher education and the technological sector; project-based research in the integrated systems and mechatronics, was presented by Assoc. Prof. Ioannis Patias, Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”.
Prof. Nikolay Zlatov of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Mechanics, Mechatronics Department, presented the topic: „Mechatronics- science and industry“.
Over 50 representatives of Bulgarian and foreign investors, local and regional authorities, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) took part in the webinar.