InvestBulgaria Agency held a webinar on “Investment Destination Bulgaria – Biotechnologies” on November 23, 2021 from 11.00 am, through the platform developed by Ciela Norma, in regard with the implementation of Project № BG16RFOP002-2.006-0001-C04 “Improvement of the quality and quantity of the services provided to the potential investors in Bulgaria”, procedure № BG16RFOP002-2.006 “Positioning Bulgaria as known and preferred investment destination by supporting the activities of IBA”, funded by the Operational Program “Innovations and Competitiveness”. Co-financed by the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund.
The following topics were presented during the webinar:
- The investment climate in Bulgaria. The advantages provided by the incentive measures to promote the investments and the state mechanisms for their implementation,
- The first Bio Centre in Bulgaria; Creation of sustainable regional innovative ecosystems;
- A code of ethics for the life sciences Education and Technology Transfer;
- Inside view of the venture building studios;
- AI – Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare & Life Sciences; Mapping in the Bulgarian health & life sciences ecosystems;
- Making smart investment decisions in clinical trials
The moderator of the events was: Kristina Eskenazi – Chairwoman of the Management Board of the Health & Life Sciences Cluster Bulgaria, co-founder and member of the board of the Bulgarian Society of Biology, member of the board of the Artificial Intelligence Cluster Bulgaria and founder of the MassMedia Foundation.
The investment climate in Bulgaria. The advantages provided by the incentive measures to promote the investments and the state mechanisms for their implementation was presented by Mr. Stamen Yanev, Executive Director of InvestBulgaria Agency.
Victor Goussev, Head of Investment and Business Development at Sofia Investment Agency presented „The first Bio Centre of Bulgaria“; „Creation of sustainable regional innovative ecosystems“;
With “A code of ethics for the life sciences; Education and Technology Transfer” – Spas Kerimov, Executive Director Printivo;
The topic: „Inside view of the venture building studios” was presented by Kaloyan Ratchev, CEO of Vangevis, co-founder of Venrize Life Sciences Studio and AI Cluster Bulgaria;
AI – Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare & Life Sciences; Mapping the Bulgarian health & life sciences ecosystem was presented by Dimitar Dimitrov: CEO of Micar Innovation;
Violeta Zaharieva, CEO of Askela Innovation, introduces us to the topic „Making smart investment decisions in clinical trials“ ;
More than 40 representatives from Bulgarian and foreign companies, local and regional authorities took part in the webinar.