- 5 Pan-European corridors cross our country, connecting Europe with the Middle East and Asia;
- Well-developed infrastructure with airports in the 4 largest cities Sofia, Plovdiv, Varna and Burgas;
- Sea and river ports with well-developed terminals. As a member of the EU, Bulgaria offers free exports to all the other member states, separately the country has over 40 trade agreements with over 80 countries;
- Bulgaria offers highly qualified specialists in all sectors of the economy;
- Our country has a system of language high schools and there are 54 accredited higher education institutions. Statistics also show that every second Bulgarian speaks at least 1 foreign language;
- Competitive prices for doing business: attractive cost of utilities and office space rents;
- Bulgaria is a member of the Currency Board, through which the Bulgarian lev is pegged to the Euro at the rate of 1.95583;
- Apart from being an attractive investment destination, Bulgaria is also preferred by millions of foreign tourists every year because of the unique climate with 4 seasons, the incomparable nature, culture and traditions;
- Take the first step and let us welcome you with strong institutional support and attractive investment incentives. Invest in Bulgaria!
GDP per Capita
Withholding tax on dividends distributed to non-EU/EEA companies
Taxes on labor as % of labour costs
Flat Corporate and Personal income tax Rate
Highly Competative Operational Costs in EU
GDP growth in 2021
Employment rate GDP
- Sustainable and predictable business environment;
- One of the lowest budget deficit/surplus in EU – in the last two decade;
- Sustainable Fiscal responsible policy;
- Currency board /25 years/ – BGN is packed to the EURO on a fix rate – no currency change fluctuation;
- Sustainable and reliable financial system – very competitive interest rates;
- Low inflation rate in the past 25 years;
- Stable financial system – high credit rating;
- Export oriented economy.
As certified investor, a company can benefit from the following incentives:
- Financial support for training;
- The social security cash back;
- Financial support for construction of elements of the technical infrastructure;
- Cash Grant.
- Shortcuts on administrative terms;
- Individual administrative and information support;
- Interdeparmental task force for institutional support;
- Establishment of public-private partnership with municipalities, universities and other organizations;
- Acquisition of land or limited rights in rem over immovable
property without tender procedure;
Did you know?
- Bulgaria ranks 3rd in terms of cultural and historical heritage in Europe;
- Bulgaria is in Top 10 countries in the world with fastest mobile internet connection;
- In Bulgaria has been found the oldest golden treasure in the world.
- 49,5 % of the population speaks at least one foreign language;
- 3rd in the world of I.T. Specialists per capita;
- Bulgaria is at the top of the world rankings in mathematics.
- In 1976 UNESCO declares the proto-Bulgarian calendar the most accurate in the world.